  • To: darkover-announce@ufrmd.dauphine.fr
  • Subject: A top level domain for darkover
  • From: Fabrice Rossi <rossi@ufrmd.dauphine.fr>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 16:27:37 +0100
  • Sender: rossi

Dear darkover friends.

As some of you already know, there use to be a top level web server for
darkover, called www.darkover.org. Unfortunately, its admin (Rodrigo Barbosa)
cannot handled it anymore, which means that the web site is empty right now.

I plan to register a domain, either under .net or .org. If I register for
instance SevenDomains.org, you will be able to accede to my site with an easy
to remember address : www.SevenDomains.org. Moreover, I'll be able to provide
subdomains, with link to others pages. For instance, something like
dalereuth.towers.SevenDomains.org for Petri's site. I'll be also able to
provide emails services for contributors (such as rossi@SevenDomains.org, or
keeper@dalereuth.towers.SevenDomains.org), with some antispam filters.

Unfortunately, darkover.com, darkover.net and darkover.org are already used,
so I've to use something else (I must register under com, net or org, because
registering elsewhere is too expensive). Here are my current choices (in
prefered order):
	- SevenDomains.org
	- CottmanFour.org
	- Cottman4.org
	- any of the seven domain (armida.org is already used, others might be)

Could you send me any suggestion about this. If I receive a lot of answers,
I'll set up a poll!

Thanks in advance.

Fabrice Rossi

copyright 96-98 Fabrice Rossi (rossi@fr.darkover.org)

Last modification: Sun Nov 29 21:45:02 1998