  • To: darkover-announce@ufrmd.dauphine.fr
  • Subject: New version of the Darkover Site
  • From: Fabrice Rossi <rossi@ufrmd.dauphine.fr>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Oct 1998 11:43:24 +0200
  • Sender: rossi

Dear Darkover friends.

* I'm pleased to announce a new version of my site:
- characters pages have been enhanced: physical descriptions of important
characters are back, as well as full names.
- new links have been added, mainly about Darkover filk music.
- shadow matrix is now presented (thanks to Daw Books official presentation).
- darkover-announce is now archived.
- french pages now include a presentation of the Thendara Guard.

* the new "beta" version of the site is now mirrored:
Finland:
http://www.hkkk.fi/~ppeltone/Dalereuth/darkover-alpha/darkover/index.en.html
Germany:
http://www.darkover.com/new/darkover/index.en.html
Japan:
http://www.lang.esys.tsukuba.ac.jp/~koyanagi/darkover/index.en.html
USA:
http://rlz.ne.mediaone.net/darkover-new/index.en.html

* Some of you did noticed that my site was difficult to reach last week.
Problems ON MY SIDE should be fixed right now, BUT I expect to be difficult to
reach every friday during one month, because of network modification in my
University. Meanwhile, you should use the mirrors.

* I plan to start a new mailing list, named darkover-studies, and targeted at
serious discussions about the Darkover world, considered as a fictionnal work.
Details can be found at:
http://a61.ufrmd.dauphine.fr/site/lists/studies/index.en.html
Please tell me if you plan to join this new list or why you won't do that.

* we are now 69 members on darkover-announce.

* 53 votes have been registred for the darkover novel poll. The Heritage of
Hastur remains the leader (it was chosen 12 times as first, 10 times as second
and 7 times as third), followed by The Forbidden Tower (9, 3 and 7 times).

Fabrice Rossi

copyright 96-98 Fabrice Rossi (rossi@fr.darkover.org)

Last modification: Sun Nov 29 21:45:02 1998